DPHS BAND SPIRIT DAYS AND FUNDRAISERS
NEWS YOU CAN USE FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST
Please check back often for the latest updates!
- Monday, August 15: North Campus Open House from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM.
- Parent meetings in Mason Auditorium at 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
- Wednesday, August 17: First day of school.
- Saturday, August 20: Meet the Team Night 6:00 PM in Abshier Stadium. Report time is 5:15 PM.
- Saturday, August 20: Concession Help Needed at NC McClean Field
- Thursday, August 25: Mod Pizza Spirit Day (9315 Spencer Hwy)
- Thursday, August 25; Concession Help Needed at SC Abshier Stadium
- Friday, August 26: Football Game at La Porte – 7:00 PM
- Saturday, August 27: Concession Help Needed at SC Abshier Stadium
ULTIMATE DRILL BOOK APP (UDB)
We will again be using the UDB app to assist students in learning drill and sets for the marching show. The app is $10 per student and can be downloaded to any device from the app store. Paper copies of drill coordinates will be provided to students, but with the app, they will have access to a wealth of other information to help them in learning and executing their drill at the highest level.
Please consider downloading and purchasing access to this app. The payment of $10 can be turned in to the band office. Once payment is received, students will receive the access code. Students with the app on their phone will be using it during marching band rehearsal as we learn our drill sets.
BAND BOOSTER MEETING – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
Our next Band Booster Meeting of the school year will be held on Tuesday, September 13 at 7:00 PM in the SC Band Hall. This meeting is opened to all band parents and friends of the band. Meetings provide a great way to get involved and the opportunity to connect with other band parents. We hope to see you there!
Please check the weekly schedule carefully. Please note the schedule change for this week.
To assist you and your child in planning, we have posted the schedule for the next two weeks.
– All rehearsals and performances are required for all students.
PHYSICAL, MEDICAL HISTORY, ATHLETIC EMERGENCY CARD
All students are required to submit a completed physical before participating in marching band activities in July. You can find and fill out all required athletic paperwork by going to the Deer Park ISD Athletics page under the Athletic Paperwork tab.
All band and color guard students are set up in Rank One.
All students will need to complete the following in Rank One:
- Medical History – Fill out online in Rank One.
- Athletic Emergency Card – Fill out online in Rank One. (This replaces our Medical Release form.)
- Physical Form – Form must be printed in Rank One and filled out by a physician then uploaded into Rank One.
We will not be accepting hard copies of forms. Student/Parents are responsible for uploading or filling out the required forms online.